Friday, February 25, 2011

Ugh. Really?!

Well I suppose since I"m up right now I'll go ahead and blog about the week. The first part of the week went ok, just trying to get everything ready and caught up for the weekend so I don't fall behind in my classes. Practices were challenging because I was trying to focus only on my difficult songs, which gets frustrating, and then leads to nerve wracking. I'd have to say that most of my songs besides the Massenet, and partially the Haydn will be ready. I for one am not a huge fan of singing French, and then Bonne Nuit is nowhere to be found in audio format which makes for practicing when you can't sing very difficult. The wisdom teeth were taken out yesterday, and as much as it hurts I"m doing surprisingly well. Once again, the only thing that is difficult with this is I can't open my mouth to sing or else I start bleeding, and all but one of my songs can be on my ipod. The worst part of it is I tried to have Dr. Hepworth sing it for me to put on my computer, and the recording did something weird so essentially all I can here is piano, sounds like I'll have to get a new one on Tuesday! I hope everyone else's week is going by smoothly, thank you for all the kind thoughts and prayers for my surgery, and here's to a quick and hopefully relatively painless (if I can keep on the medications) recovery!

2 comments:

  1. You must be feeling better, Amanda! Blogging at 5:00am?!?! Were you unable to sleep? OH NO! The recording didn't work?!? Send Chris by sometime with a recorder and we will fix that for you. I am just about ready to head to Norfolk for the observation this morning. I really wish you were going. Thankfully there are many more going now than originally anticipated. There are even students who took 7-12 two years ago who want to attend! I think it will be a good chance for us to observe a teacher in action!
    Just relax for now. Listen to your songs once in the morning and once in the evening....just like your meds. I am thinking of you and sending plenty of positive thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong kid I know how you are feeling. It is really frustrating and just overall a pain in the butt but you have a great amount of talent and I know that you will be ready. If your feeling better then maybe you'll be like me when I had mine out. I was only out of school for like 3 days and back to normal within a week. I know that every day down feels like a day lost (with the total number getting smaller) but it will all work out in the end. Just stay positive and don't be too hard on yourself the first few days back.

    ReplyDelete